I’ve been working on refining my diabetic brownie recipe today; using lower percentage cocoa dark chocolate, and playing with the ratios of butter, flour, sugar-substitute and egg. The result is a very rich decadent brownie, which packs a strong chocolatey-punch. It’s nice with a small spoonful of whipped cream to cut through the richness, and Alice liked it so much she had seconds!
From top left the photos show how I made the brownie step-by-step:
- Melt chocolate and butter in bain marie
- Mix in the solids and egg
- Pour into prepared baking tin and smooth over
- Take out after 30 minutes in the oven (don’t be scared if it still looks wet)
- Allow to cool then turn out onto a plate and trim
- Dust with diabetic icing sugar.